During the years I have supervised many (ca 80) bachelor- master- and honors theses research projects in the field of health sciences, European Public Health and Global Health. These research projects are characterized by a qualitative research design: conceptual document analysis, qualitative policy evaluation, qualitative analysis of care practices, qualitative analysis of prevention programmes, qualitative analysis of governance practices.
Examples of thesis subjects.
- Nadine Blankvoort, Embodied experiences of stroke rehabilitation. A phenomenological study in Surabaya, Indonesia, 2013.
- Lloyd Akrong, Clinical trial participation in Ghana. Local perceptions, meanings and expectations, 2013.
- Katharina Plenck, 'Vivir bien' in Bolivia. Ideals and practices of solidarity in health, 2012.
- Kristian Kalmthout, Much more than a data base. Development of an innovative volunteer management system for the Kenya RedCross Society, 2011.
- Nora Essers, Harmonisation of MRSA -hospital policy in the euregio? Background, experiences and expectations, 2011.
- Marthe Scheepers, Niet alles is goud wat er blinkt. Zorg voor tienermoeders op Curacau, 2013-2014
- Clarissa de Becker, Werken met waarden en methoden. Controversen over emoirsch gevalideerde protocol behandelingen in de psychotherapie wetenschappen, 2013-2014.