Master European Public Health, master Global Health (English)
In the master European Public Health and the master Global Health I give lectures about themes like
- the relationship between science and policy,
- the meaning of implementation,
- the specific status of scientific knowledge
- public health and citizenship
- the politics of evidence based public health
- processes of standardization and localization.
In these lectures the work of scholars like Theodore Porter, Bruno Latour, Thomas Kuhn, Deborah Stone will be introduced to students.
- Porter, T.M. (1995) Trust in numbers. The pursuit for objectivity in science and public life. Princeton, Princeton University Press.
- Latour, B. (1987) Science in action. How to follow scientists and engineers through society. Cambridge Mass., Harvard University Press.
- Latour, B. (1988) THe pasteurization of France. Cambridge Mass., Harvard University Press.
- Stone, D. (2001 rev, ed.) Policy paradox. The art of political desicionmaking. W.W.Norton & Company.
- Kuhn, T. (1996, third ed.) The structure of scientific revolutions. Chicago, University of Chicago Press.
- Jasanoff, S. Markle, G.E., Peterson J.C., Pinch, T.J. (1985) Handbook of science and technology studies. London, Sage.
- Lupton, D. (1995 ) The imperative of health. Public health and the regulated body. London, Sage.